Thursday, April 26, 2007

McCormick Grill Mates


This is one of my favorite products. This is something that my husband can actually prepare on his own that helps me out. It's summer time and I love to grill everyday. I received this reply back from Grill Mates today on the Mesquite Marinade. This is great to know about McCormick products. Now I can try more of their marinades and rubs without fear.

"The Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade is Gluten free.

We recognize that gluten is the common name for proteins in specific cereal grains that are harmful to persons with Celiac Disease. These proteins are found in all forms of wheat (including durum, semolina, spelt, kamut, einkorn, and faro), and related grains, rye, barley, and tritcale. When gluten or wheat is present as an ingredient, McCormick will declare it in the ingredient statement. Since the late 1990's, McCormick has used "Plain English" allergen labeling to communicate our product ingredients to our consumers. Gluten is listed as "wheat" in our ingredient statements.

This labeling policy adheres to the FDA regulations that were implemented as of January 1, 2006. If a product does not have an ingredient statement, it is a pure spice or herb with nothing added and contains no added glutens. In addition, the alcohol in all of our retail extracts is not from grain and is gluten free. Because we are constantly improving our products, we do not offer a list of our products that do not currently contain glutens. We encourage you to read the ingredient statement on your package at the time of purchase to ensure accurate, up to date information. "
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lynn Barry said...

I love finding new products that say GLUTEN FREE. Good job, kiddo. HUGS

kbabe1968 said...

Hi there!

Love finding another Gluten-free blogger! Found you thru Gluten Free Mommy...I'd love to link my blog to you if that's okay!

THANKS!!! www.goingglutenfree.blogspot.com

Lea Ray said...

Lynn- I love finding new prodocts also. Anything to make my life a little easier.

Kbabe- Nice to meet you. I love finding new gluten free bloggers. I will link your's on mine. We all have to stick together. Thanks!