I was looking through Danna Korn's "Wheat Free Worry Free" the other night and realized that there are still products that I don't think about or worry about that I should.
Here is a list of items to either avoid completely or to do your homework on. I really needed this reminder to keep me thinking.
- Envelopes, stamps or other gummed labels
- Cross contamination between food store bins selling raw flours and grains (the scoops are the culprit)
- Non-gluten free bread crumbs in butter, jams, toasters, counters, etc.
- Packet & canned soups
- Ground spices- wheat flour is often used to prevent caking
- Gravy mixes
- Laxatives- check carefully
- Ice Creams- check carefully
- Rice cakes and crackers
- Sandwich meats
- Beef and Chicken broth
- Egg substitutes
- Baked beans
- Dry roasted nuts
- Dried fruits
- Fruit pie fillings
- Potato Chips
- Instant drinks (tea, coffee, fruit drinks, chocolate)
- Baking Powder
- Worcestershire Sauce
So the next time life gets busy and I just grab something to eat or to even touch my lips I hope I remember to stop and ask myself. Is this bad for me?
Allie Mae was tired and decided she was going to bed without mom.